About Dr. Burns:
Are you looking for hand surgery in Houston?
The hand is complex. Injuries or conditions that may seemingly be minor are best evaluated by a hand specialist. Dr. Burns is such a specialist.
Dr. Burns is a graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) at Galveston, a Viet Nam veteran, and a Mayo Clinic trained orthopedic surgeon. He completed his specialty training with eighteen months of fellowships in hand surgery and microsurgery at the University of Louisville under doctors Kleinert, Kutz, and Acland.
As a professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School Dr. Burns established and headed the Hand Surgery and Replantation Service in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery.
Now in private practice, Dr. Burns continues to offer patients excellence in evaluating and treating hand conditions in people of all age groups.
1985 to Present
- Private Practice
1984 to 1997
- Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand Surgery & Microsurgery Section, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Texas
1981 to 1984
- Assistant | Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Texas
- Founder and Director of Orthopaedic Hand Surgery & Microsurgery Section, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
1975 to 1980
- General Orthopaedic Surgery Practice, New Castle, Pennsylvania
1969 to 1971
- US Army, Flight Surgeon, Viet Nam | USA
1980 to 1981
- University of Louisville, Christine Kleinert Hand Surgery Fellowship & Acland Microsurgery Fellowship, Louisville, Kentucky
1971 to 1975
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Rochester, Minnesota
1968 to 1969
- University of California at Davis School of Medicine, Internship, Sacramento, California
1964 to 1968
- The University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, Galveston, Texas
1961 to 1964
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
For more information on hand surgery in Houston by Dr. Burns contact Hand & Microsurgery Associates today!